Ain't No Sunshine

image Remember that pretty hotel I was staying at on my upcoming business trip? I included a picture at the beginning of my 'I LOVE Google' post. The sun was right above the hotel at which I was destined to stay.  But apparently my hopes and dreams met the harsh reality knows as the 'corporate budget', and now the hotel on the left is where I will find myself for an entire week....

To say I'm a little disappointed would be an understatement. There's not even a glimmer of sunshine on this side of town. It's a good 5 miles from my training facility, so I'll have to drive there. And there's no mini fridge or microwave in the rooms. That dashes my hopes of buying groceries and saving some of my food budget.

But wait! The hotel probably has a complimentary breakfast to enjoy, since it has a reputation of catering to business travelers on a budget. Right? Wouldn't you think so? Nope. Nada. Zip. Oh, they serve an in-house breakfast buffet. And it can all be yours each morning. For the low, low price of $10.95...

I am less than pleased.

*UPDATE* I am proven incorrect again. The travel person asked me if I had a preference in where I was staying, then told me the company has a contract with the hotel pictured above. So I told her the hotel company above (any branch, really) would work fine. Somehow this meant the branch 5 miles away from where I need to be. So it's in transition... again... I'll keep you near up-to-date.

image I get a Ford Focus (or similar)! Yay! That's great.